Total Pageviews

Thursday, December 27, 2012

Quick Jambalaya

Most of my recipes are all made from scratch but every now and then I am in the mood for some jambalaya but don't have the time to make it from scratch. here is a quick Jambalaya I came up with using items from the shelf:

Ingredients:

1 Box Zatarains Jambalaya Mix
1 can rotel tomatoes and diced chilies (store brand works just as good)
1 small Onion diced
1/2 cup diced bell peppers
1 tablespoon hot sauce
1 tablespoon Cajun seasonings
1 pound meat or seafood as per directions from the box

the only change for the directions on the box is that I use 1 can of rotel to replace 1 cup of the 2 1/4 cups of water called for on the box

placed onion, bell pepper, rotel, water and seasons in to medium pot. bring to a boil and add meat and Zatarains jambalaya mix.

cook for 25 minutes or till rice is tender then serve

I find that its just as good as home made and in only 30 minutes


No comments:

Post a Comment